Belly button surgery is a cosmetic procedure used to improve a belly button that is puffy, protruding, too entrenched, or have an unusual shape. Woodglen Aesthetics utilizes this procedure to create symmetrical and enhance belly button appearance.
During belly button surgery, excess tissue is removed through tiny incisions made inside the belly button. Then, the belly button is reshaped based on the patient’s specifications. The procedure typically takes about an hour to complete and is often performed as an outpatient procedure under local anesthetic and IV sedation.
Depending on the physical demand of the job and the complexity of the belly button surgery, patients may be able to return to work as soon as they feel ready. Patients should expect slight bruising, soreness, and inflammation for a few days following the procedure. Woodglen Aesthetics can also provide pain medication prescriptions if needed. Belly button surgery scars typically diminish within a few months or hidden since incisions are carefully placed inside the belly button.
- Minor cases of hernia can also be fixed together with this procedure
- It can repair, reshape, and reposition any type of belly button
- It is a safe and quick procedure
- It involves minimal scarring
- Unless the patient experience certain circumstances like pregnancy, the results are permanent
Risks and Complications
Like any type of plastic surgeries, there is always a potential risk or complication involved with belly button surgery. Although rare, these include the following:
- Negative reaction to anesthetics
- Accumulation of fluid
- Excessive bleeding
- Unusual belly button appearance
- Loss of sensation around the navel area
For more information about belly button surgery or about other surgical and non-surgical treatments, contact Woodglen Aesthetics at (626) 852-0599 to schedule an appointment.