Chemical Peels are a type of non-invasive skin treatment designed to remove the outer layer of dead skin cells. They can range from mild to strong in strength & type of the acid/ingredients used. While most are great for most skin types and most basic skin concerns, they can be specialized to suit your skin concerns.
At Woodglen Aesthetics, we use a variety of Chemical Peels containing ingredients that can include: Pumpkin enzymes, salycylic acids, plant enzymes, antioxidants, enhanced Jessner’s (with Hydroquinone and Resorcinol) and TC A’s. The only way to determine which chemical peel would be best for your skin is to schedule a free consultation with our Medical Esthetician, Glennda, so she can perform a thorough evaluation of your skin. (626) 852-0599
Below are some skin concerns that Chemical Peels can typically aid with:
- Sun Damage
- Uneven Skin tone
- Acne/cystic acne
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Thickened skin
- Decreased cellular turnover
- Decreased epidermal and dermal hydration
- Preventing acne breakouts and assisting with the release of comedones
- Stimulating the production of collagen, and elastin in the dermal matrix
- Decreasing fine lines and wrinkles
- Lightening pigmentation
- Plant extracts provide anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits
- Helping the skin feels significantly more smooth and tight post-treatment
One of our most popular Chemical Peels here is the VI Peel, which is also our strongest.
This peel is safe for all skin types (1-6), involves little to no downtime, and is the only peel that is safe to use on the eye area, neck, chest & hands.